A Powerful Tool for Building Teams
Drum Cafe offers an unforgettable teambuilding experience. We use interactive group drumming to support teamwork and communication in the corporate community. Our clients find our format powerful and useful as a business tool.
With a team of world-class drummers and a drum for each participant, a Drum Cafe facilitator skillfully conducts the group so that within minutes they are drumming together in perfect harmony. We customize our message through a consultation with the client where we craft a unique message that is relevant & meaningful to the participants. The effect of experiencing your company as a synchronized drumming orchestra is both moving and highly motivating for each participant.
Group drumming is possibly the oldest form of teambuilding to date. For thousands of years people have been using the drum for communication, preparation for battle and community celebration. A Drum Cafe session will help to break down barriers and push boundaries with a great unifying effect. It fosters cooperation and revitalizes the workforce. It is a metaphor for high performance teaming.
Benefits of The Drum Cafe session
- The playing fields are levelled – each person is as important as another.
- Barriers of age, race, gender and ability all disappear.
- We learn to listen to each other.
- We celebrate the individual within the whole and the whole as support for the individual as he/she innovates.
- New skills are acquired and put into immediate practice in a safe environment.
- This technique is cooperative rather than competitive.
- The alpha state is activated, reducing stress while enhancing focus and clarity.
- Delegates experience a sense of well being within high performance teaming.
- Everything ties in to the bass beat – the ultimate vision or mission statement – as participants are guided to identify the centre and play as an orchestra.
- Everybody gets back more energy than they put in.
- Each participant leaves feeling invigorated, motivated and fully prepared to engage in the tasks ahead.